Have you ever felt as though you’re giving it your all when writing about your products or services, but readers (ones you know would make perfect customers) just don’t seem to “get it?”
You could be falling foul of the “blank stare” — here’s how to avoid it.
This week on Hit Publish, we’re tackling a very frustrating problem when it comes to writing content, particularly content where you want to engage your readers.
It’s called the “blank stare.”
Now, host Amy Harrison knows that might sound strange because you’re probably not sitting face to face with your readers when they get this content, but you can certainly feel the blank stare when you Hit Publish.
It might look like this:
- You send out an email newsletter, ask for a response, and no one replies
- You launch a new product, send a link to your sales page, and get no bites
- You send out a brochure or pitch about your services, and no one calls you back
That is the equivalent of a content “blank stare.” People are reading your content, but you get the feeling that they don’t really “get” the wonder of what you do. Annoying.
Amy is going to give you two questions to answer and two key areas to focus on before you Hit Publish to help you beat the blank stare and increase your audience engagement.
Tune in to Hit Publish to find out:
- Why the very expertise your customers love can hold you back when trying to sell what you do
- The two-step writing habit you need to develop whenever you write about what you do (most businesses stop at step one)
- How to use these two steps when writing about who you are and what you do to reveal elements that really captivate your readers
Hit Publish on iTunes