Toby Lyles of TwentyFour Sound is the audio wizard behind the curtain here at Rainmaker.FM. With Jonny Nastor out this week, Jerod Morris takes over The Showrunner and invites Toby to share some insights on how you can improve the quality of the audio you are delivering to your audience.
This week’s episode begins with Jerod sharing a quick story of an exciting convergence of showrunner worlds that occurred literally just hours before he sat down to record.
You will probably be able to relate to his excitement; if you’ve ever considered quitting your show, you’ll definitely want to hear this story.
Then Toby stops by to discuss audio quality.
Jerod asks a number of the same questions you’d probably love to ask:
- Which Rainmaker.FM show is the most difficult to edit?
- What should Showrunners do to get the most out of their investments in and relationships with an editor?
- What should Showrunners look for in an editor to be sure they make a smart choice?
- What is the single biggest audio mistake Toby sees in podcasting?
- What is the first step to quality audio?
The Showrunner on iTunes